Before you fill in the form and upload your submission, please read the Submission Agreement carefully. Uploading your submission means you agree to the terms of this agreement. If we reject your submission you will be notified and the Agreement then becomes inoperative.
Submit a Script or Film
We will help you bring your ideas to life – and to the world.
This is a binding legal agreement between the submitter and Barry John Acting Studio for short film scripts, treatment and ideas.
By sending us a script, treatment or storyline (known as “the Property”) you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Until the Property has been accepted for production, it remains your property, and Barry John Acting Studio will not use your script, treatments or storylines or give these to any third party for consideration or production without your express written agreement.
- By submitting, you stipulate that it is your work or you are authorized to submit on behalf of a group or others. You also stipulate that the Property has not been plagiarized from any existing film, written work or other dramatic presentation or broadcast. You indemnify and hold Barry John Acting Studio harmless from any claims, demands, damages, liabilities and costs (including legal fees) asserted by any third party relating in any way to your breach of a representation or another term of this Agreement.
- Upon acceptance by Barry John Acting Studio under a detailed contract, the Property and all of its derivatives become property of Barry John Acting Studio as Producer. If we accept your submission, we will be the owner of any and all rights, title and interest in the submission, and you will sign any further documents that may be necessary to reflect that fact. We have worldwide rights to publicize, adapt, modify, distribute and use it in any way we wish.
- Upon acceptance, Barry John Acting Studio will present a detailed written agreement concerning ownership and division of work and finances for each accepted Property, which must be agreed by both parties before taking effect.
- During and after production of the Property, Barry John Acting Studio retains all rights, including artistic control, production, casting, editing, presentation or broadcast, submission to film festivals, and so on, except where explicitly noted in the acceptance agreement mentioned above.
- Barry John Acting Studio makes no guarantee that the accepted Property will be produced. The acceptance agreement will cover eventualities should Barry John Acting Studio decide not to proceed with production for any reason.